- Dec 22: Looking Forward – Forward Thinking http://p0.vresp.com/eKUj75
In 2010, WasteWater Education has presented education events and programs on topical and important issues affecting water quality and water conservation. All of these activities stay true to our Mission: That water quality is directly linked to the use of appropriate wastewater systems and their management!
All water sources are connected. All water use is connected. All water can be recycled.
All of us share a fundamental responsibility to do so.
- Dec 6: On Friday December 10, 9 am EST
Microbial Induced Corrosion in Septic Tanks: Causes and Methods of Prevention http://p0.vresp.com/BYFFjU
- Nov 30: December 1 and 3 education events and WERF Virtual Research Forum content http://p0.vresp.com/OQECGI
- Nov 18: On Wednesday December 1, 10 am EST – http://p0.vresp.com/4kJguU
Prescription For The Future?
The second seminar in this series, examining the potential and realized impact of pharmaceutical products in the environment, will be presented via live internet video feed at 10 am EST on December 1. The presenter is Herbert T. Buxton – U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Toxic Substances Hydrology Program Coordinator.
Content will be a review of recently completed and current research in progress, on the presence of, environmental and public health impact of, pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs) in wastewater, drinking, surface and ground water.
- November 10: November 12: Registrations are still being accepted for this class
IEC-03b – 9 – 10.30 am EST: The Anatomy of Quality Precast Concrete Septic Tanks http://p0.vresp.com/U1yELJ Second of a Four Part Series underwritten by Concrete Sealants, Inc. Fabricating a Watertight Precast Concrete Septic Tank, Sam Lines MBA. Sales / Safety Engineer, Lean Coordinator Concrete Sealants, Inc. and Instructor for National Precast Concrete Association.
- October 30: November 5 and 12, 2010 Distance Learning Septic System Installation Classes http://p0.vresp.com/XfiiKw
- October 18: Wastewater Education Upcoming Distance Learning Events http://p0.vresp.com/CeHigD
- October 11, 2010 To jump start our 2010 Operating Support Fund Drive we want to thank JustGive.org! This October, JustGive celebrates 10 years of online charitable giving. http://p0.vresp.com/rhF6Fb
- Sept 30 Earlier this year, USEPA hosted a two day symposium.
Ground Water-borne Infectious Disease Epidemiology http://p0.vresp.com/sYdAmI
- The following courses are geared toward wastewater service providers, installers, public health officials and those requiring continuing education credits.The Anatomy of Quality Precast Concrete Septic Tanks – Four Part Series underwritten by Concrete Sealants, Inc. http://p0.vresp.com/ZJBXz1
- Thursday, September 23rd at 10 AM EST, Al Alwan, Ph.D.Water Quality Branch, Water Division, Environmental Protection Agency Region 5 will present a web based seminar on Alternative Approaches to Address Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products (PPCP) Environmental Fate. http://p0.vresp.com/n8c3es
- Sept. 16 New Opportunities for Managing Wastewater: Lessons Learned from Decentralized Research http://p0.vresp.com/AggaM7
Water Environment Resarch Foundation – WERF’s substantial research program on decentralized systems offers new lessons and opportunities to assist communities to integrate decentralized solutions into their toolboxes and save money over the long term.
This two-part seminar is not just for small utilities. Large centralized facilities will also benefit by examining how new distributed systems approaches can help meet wastewater capacity needs, cut costs, and extend water resources. Each seminar stands alone, so participate in one or both.
There is no charge for these two events.
- On Tuesday August 17, 11 am EST – we will be hosting the next in our series of free public education, real time, online events. http://p0.vresp.com/alUOad
“Everything you’ve always wanted to know about your Mound onsite wastewater system! How it works, how to take care of it, how to landscape it!”
- Wastewater Education of NWMI 501(c)3 is hosting Part One Onsite Wastewater System Installer Course, September 13 -14, 2010. http://p0.vresp.com/R4W7vJ
- On Tuesday August 10, 11 am EST – Cheryl Mendoza, Associate Director for the regional grassroots environment conservation group Freshwater Future 501(c)3 will give an online presentation about their work. This event is free and will be conducted via the web. http://p0.vresp.com/0WPOhz
- August 4, 2010 Saving 2 Billion Gallons of Water, One Community at a Time http://p0.vresp.com/RaCQtI
Responsible Bathroom Tour Arrives in Traverse City to Highlight Water Conservation
- July 29, 2010 – EPAWaterSense seminar http://p0.vresp.com/fG8oyJ Cary McElhinney the EPA WaterSense Coordinator for the EPA Region 5 office in Chicago, IL.
It's all connected! Water IS water, not waste!